Alternative Addiction Treatment
As a complement to our clinical services and 12-step treatment program, Synergy Group Services provides alternative addiction therapies tailored to the unique needs of our clients. Alternative treatments deliver a number of benefits, from easing withdrawal and detox symptoms to promoting stress relief throughout all phases of rehab.
Benefits of Alternative Therapies
The alternative therapies provided by Synergy Group Services’ family-owned and operated South Florida addiction treatment program are designed to improve treatment effectiveness and enhance overall wellbeing. This type of therapy treats the whole person, mind-body-spirit, and may include:
- Massage Therapy. More passive than many of our other therapies, massage reduces stress, promotes toxin release, and gives clients the chance to quiet their mind and be introspective.
- Acupuncture. Used in Eastern medicine for thousands of years, acupuncture targets acupuncture points along the body’s meridians. Acupuncture relieves pain, corrects imbalances in the body, and may reduce substance cravings.
- Biofeedback. During biofeedback, clients monitor and assess their heart rate, blood pressure, and tension levels. Over time, participants learn to self-regulate these body processes using techniques like visualization, deep breathing, and relaxation exercises.
- Art therapy. During art class, clients have the opportunity to communicate using a healthy, productive means of expression. Art can convey emotion and allow participants to explore unresolved issues in nonverbal ways.
- Gym membership. The body suffers dramatically during addiction, and physical fitness helps clients become healthier and stronger. Exercise delivers a natural feeling of wellbeing as endorphins are released, and studies also show that exercise can help to heal the brain by creating new nerve connections.
Explore Our Alternative Addiction Program
Synergy Services endorses both 12-step and non-12 step recovery process, but we have also seen, firsthand, the benefits of incorporating alternative therapies into our recovery programs. Our multi-modality approach fuses the best of traditional and non-traditional programs to achieve optimal results for each individual client. To learn more or speak with a member of our Intake Department about our FL alternative addiction treatment facility, call 844.394.3767. For your convenience, you may also fill out a confidential online form to begin the admission process.